Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council (LMDPC) regulates the practice of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy. All applicants who meet the criteria below will be issued with Registration Certificate, a license permit, which is a mandatory requirement for commencement of internship. The LMDPC reserves the right to turn down an application for registration.
ELIGIBILITY TO UNDERGO INTERNSHIP AS PRESCRIBED BY THE LMDPC
A written application is delivered to the office of the Director Clinical Services at the Ministry of Health six (6) months in advance.
For commencement of internship, all applicants must produce the following certified copies:
- Transcripts as evidence of having completed an undergraduate course in a recognized medical or dental school by AMCOA and WHO.
- Copy of academic certificate
- Copy of passport or Identification document (ID)
- LMPDC internship Registration Certificate.
ENGAGEMENT OF INTERNS
The Ministry of Health as custodian of health has an important role to ensure the following facilitation of engagement; the Internship rotation sites have adequate learning facilities, the internship rotation sites have appropriate professional skill mix including specialists and lastly the internship candidates’ welfare in terms of:
- Remuneration (stipend)
- Medical aid insurance
- Transport between internship rotation sites and call rooms
- Housing at rotation training districts
- Public Service is the employing body for the Country.
- o Upon receipt of above documents the Ministry of Health through ther human resource directorate will submit them to the Public Service for confirmation of remuneration.